A guide to stairlift prices
Our range of stairlifts provide customers with a bespoke solution that’s tailored to their individual needs. Stairlift prices will vary depending on the type of stairlift required. This short guide will help you understand factors that contribute to your quote and overall stairlift cost.
How much does a stairlift cost?
All stairlift prices will depend on various factors and features required in the build. This includes made to measure rails as well as customisable seats & arm rests. For our consultants to provide you with the most accurate stairlift cost, there are several factors they must take into consideration. Below, you’ll find a comprehensive list of factors that our consultants carefully measure and assess when providing accurate stairlift prices:
- Is your staircase straight up or curved at the top or bottom?
- How far will your stairlift travel up and down the stairs?
- How wide is your staircase and how much headroom do you have under the bulkhead?
- Would you like any customisations with your stairlift?
- What state are your landings in at the top and bottom of your staircase?
- What type of upholstery would you like?
- Will any radiators require adjustment or removal and will windowsills need trimming?
- Would a raised seat suit your needs?
- Can you comfortably operate a swivel lever or require powered assistance?
Once our consultants have assessed the above factors, you will be provided with an accurate quote for your stairlift. All stairlift prices include any preparation work and installation required. With 1 year free warranty* on our range of reconditioned stairlifts and 2 years free warranty* on our new stairlifts, our 24/7 callout provides you with advice, security and peace of mind every day of the year.
To get an accurate quote, call us on the number at the top of the screen now to arrange your free, no-obligation consultation.
The vast majority of stairlift customers are eligible for a VAT exemption. There are two types of VAT exemption which provide discounts to eligible customers. View our VAT eligibility guide for more information.
There is not an official stairlift grant, however, if you are eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant, it is possible to get your stairlift installation partially funded by your local council. Visit our grants for stairlifts guide for more information.
Like most mechanical appliances we recommend that you service your stairlift once a year. Once your warranty period has expired during which all your servicing needs are covered, we are happy to offer annual service contracts to ensure your stairlift continues to perform at its best.
After the initial cost, customers often worry about the running costs of a stairlift as an additional expense. A Stannah stairlift costs around £7.26 per year to run.