In the unlikely event that you experience a problem with your stairlift these trouble shooting tips may help you resolve the issue straight away. If not we are always on hand at your local branch to help or call us on 0120 044 4254
Before you carry out any troubleshooting, make sure you are doing so from a safe position and if necessary ask for assistance.
If the power light is off:
- Check the on/off switch, (usually located on the arm) is on.
- Check that the master power switch is on (usually located under the seat on the carriage, either at the front or back).
- Check that the key is inserted and turned to the on position (usually located under the seat on the carriage at the front or side).
If the power light is on:
- Check that the chair is fully swivelled back to its travelling position and that the swivel levers are in the correct position.
- Check whether there is anything obstructing the safety edges – if there is move the stairlift in the opposite direction, remove the obstruction and then you can continue your journey.
- If you have a hinged rail ensure the rail is fully lowered and locked in position.
If your stairlift still does not move:
- Turn the power key to the off position and then back on.
- Move and hold the control in the direction of travel for a few seconds after which the stairlift should start.
- If the stairlift still doesn’t work at this point call your local branch.
Your stairlift will beep if the batteries are not being charged.
- Check the wall switch is on.
- Check that the power has not tripped.
- Check the stairlift is parked correctly at the top or bottom of the stairs.
- If you have checked these things and your stairlift continues to beep switch your stairlift off and call your local branch.
- Check and replace the batteries if necessary.
- Call your local branch. Use the manual swivel levers under the seat in the meantime.
- Call your branch or supplier. If the rail is causing an obstruction you can raise the rail manually by grasping the underside of the rail.